WHY WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION
Cece & Elly Ltd. is a controller of the personal data you ( data subject ) provide to us.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us, when you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. We collect the following types of personal data from you:
- Your name, address, email, and phone number
- Your IP address
- Operating system, web browser type and version
- Pages you visit and features you use on our site
We need your personal data to provide you with the following:
- To fulfill orders, have them sent to the correct address, communicate with you about your order/delivery.
- To email you about promotions, special events, giveaways, etc. (If opted in)
- Process your payment/return/exchange
- To email regrading our rewards program and available points (If opted in)
- Business operations and reporting
- Customer service
Your personal data is processed at the Cece & Elly Ltd. office in Canada.
How do you get my consent?
With this consent we may: send emails to you about promotions, sales, events, etc.
and share and/or use the images you have tagged us in on social media.
Images sent or emailed to us, by you, for contests, promotions, giveaways.
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
To comply with the rights of you (the data subject), residents in the European Economic Area (EEA),
and the GDPR. You the data subject have the right to request your personal data be erased. We will however need to:
- Verify that the requester is in fact the data subject
- Confirm no legal reason to preserve data
Data subjects have the right to be informed on how their personal data is being processed(examples are listed above) and access to their personal data.
- Data subject requests will be addressed with in one month, unless exceptionally complex.
You the data subject have the right to correct any incomplete or inaccurate personal data held or processed by Cece & Elly Ltd.
If your data is processed using automation, we (the controller) must provide the data subject with their personal data. Personal data will be in a commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Data subjects have the right to object to processing in the forum of automated decision-making and profiling.
Shopify has implemented many controls and processes to comply with the GDPR.
Cece & Elly Ltd. have also set up additional security features:
- Anti-Virus program on office computer
- Enabled multi-factor authentication for website, social media handles, and email
- Defined what personal data we collect from you
- View our activity logs
- Email marketing complies with e-marketing and anti-spam requirements
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding data subject rights please email Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
List of the third party services we currently use:
- BEST Currency Converter
- Loyalty Points, VIP, Referral Programs by Smile.io
- MailChimp for Shopify
- Order Printer
- Order Printer Emailer
- Order Printer Templates
- Tracktor by ShopPad
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers. In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
* By using our website, you (the visitor) agree to allow third parties to process your IP address, in order to determine your location for the purpose of currency conversion. You also agree to have that currency stored in a session cookie in your browser (a temporary cookie which gets automatically removed when you close your browser). We do this in order for the selected currency to remain selected and consistent when browsing our website so that the prices can convert to your (the visitor) local currency.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure your personal data is safe guarded and secure and is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
We keep your information for as long as you have an active account with us, or as needed to provide you with our services. After this period, and if you ask us to remove your personal information, your data will be irreversibly deleted.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
Currency Converter process your IP address in order to determine your location for currency conversion. Currency is temporarily stored in a session cookie while you browse the website.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
- If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
- If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.