Personally, fall is my favourite season to go camping or head to the trailer/cottage. There's just something so beautiful and heartwarming about spending time with friends & family around a warm campfire, snuggled up with cozy blankets. Whether you're drinking hot cocoa or something boozier, (I know there's wine in that mug) its just perfect.
But what can be less perfect and actually kind of annoying is finding what to wear and pack! I always find it harder to find that "cute yet casual" look. So, I've decided to do us both a favour and have created a list of outfit options, hacks and essentials to pack.
... you're welcome!
So, since fall weather is mostly chilly with some mornings being nice and warm it can be hard to figure out what to pack. Below are some basic items to help you with packing:
- Tanks tops, or breathable casual t-shirts (cotton t-shirt)
- Plaid shirt - they're so versatile and cozy!
- Hiking socks!
- Leggings/stretchy jeans
- Cardigans and hoodies
- Don't forget hiking boots or running shoes
- Scarf, hat, toque (beanie hat)
- Spring coat, or light jacket
- Cozy blanket for around the fire
SHOP Cece & Elly Scarves under "Essentials"
Don't forget to pack these!!! (some of the most forgotten items)
- Car charger
- Hand sanitizer
- Lip balm
- Nail clipper and bandaids (I always make sure to have these)
- Fanny pack- (Bum bag) easy to carry little things in when walking or hiking
- Dont forget a smores kit (hehe)
- Tote Bag - perfect for day trips!
Use our Cece & Elly tote bag to carry ALL your day trip essentials! Find it under the "Essentials" tab
For more fun pack board games or card games!!
Tips & Tricks:
- ROLL your clothes! Save space by packing your clothes rolled
- If traveling for long periods of time- pack dryer sheets in suitcase or travel bag! It'll help keep everything smelling nice
- Keep your travel bags clean by using a shower cap to store your shoes
- Download maps and directions so you can use them offline
- Store shower gels and cleansers in zip lock bags or plastic wrap to avoid leaking
- If going on a boat/canoe/kayak bring a dry bag to put your phone in
- If camping with other people pack a toiletry bag to easily bring your stuff to and from the shower!
- Solar lights! You can get cheap ones at the dollar store. Solar lights are perfect to light up your way to the bathroom in the middle of the night
- Crack eggs and put them into a big mason jar and keep them in a cooler! This way you don't have to worry about breaking eggs during your camping trip
Simple skincare & body products to pack:
- Cleansing face and body towelettes (Get moisturizing or hydrating ones so your skin isn't dry) Currently loving Burts Bees facial cleansing wipes
- Sunscreen. Favourite is Shiseido's SPF line. You can get their Regular blue line up or their oil free line.
- Sunburn relief cream/ Aloe Vera
- Insect repellant
- Moisturizing/hydrating lip balm. Favourite is La-Roche Posay Cicaplast Lip Balm
- Moisturizing/hydrating face cream. Favourite is the Vichy Aqualia Thermal
- Dry Shampoo. Love Moroccan Oil Dry Shampoo
- Waterproof mascara. I love Too Faced Better Than Sex Waterproof Mascara
- BB cream with SPF or without if you have sunscreen you're putting on before the BB cream. Favourite is the Biotherm BB cream
- Hand cream!!!! ( I personally hate having dry hands when camping, or at anytime actually) Biotherm has a great hand cream for hands & nails called Biomains
- Cooling mist to calm down irritated, red, or sensitive skin. My favourite is the Avene Thermal Spring Water
... Happy camping!!